I’ve been exhausted when I arrive home the last few months, and while part of that is due to the Florida Department of Transportation nitwits and imbeciles screwing up every highway in the two county area, that can’t account for it entirely. Sure, spending another extra 20 minutes in traffic does not help. But I am exhausted before I leave work now.
I finally figured it out. Stupidity. Fighting stupidity takes an awesome amount of internal energy. And that is pretty much what I do all day long.
Fighting stupidity means dealing with stupid people. There are many things that are stressful with that:
- Holding back from socking the ass weasels right in the nose. That takes spiritual, mental and physical energy!
- Figuring out a politically polite way to convince them that their plan is not just rotating the chairs on the Titanic but also spray painting each one!
- Listening to their defense of their plan and then trying your very best not to grab the nearest stapler and staple their nuts or other organs to the coffee machine.
- Dealing with those above you and having to cave in at times to keep your job. This can take a tremendous amount of internal energy!
- Working at a college, I work with faculty, PhD nitwits and others who could never make it in the real world, but in this environment one must exercise the most respect toward. How do you offer that respect wile holding their head under the water in the gold fish pond????
Today was an especially stupid day. There is a reason I call my job “The Stupid Factory”. They generate more stupidity here than a dozen boozed up squirrels driving scooters through July 4th traffic.
Man, stupid tires me out.
Some Blogging Guy