1. Comments are welcomed and encouraged: Anyone can comment, including anonymously. Leave your name, email and website, or nothing at all. Your call. Just make sure the comment is at least remotely associated with the blog post, OK?
2. An opinion that is different than mine is also welcomed. Maybe not so much encouraged, but feel free. Only don’t be an ass about it, OK? I do not mind heated exchanges, but when it gets really insulting, long winded, preachy, profane or just silly, I’m going to delete it. And if you disagree with every blog post I write and have to express your opposing view religiously, I may get bored with you and ban you. Get a life.
3. If you are trying to sell something, just screw off. I don’t care how cleverly you write your comment if you keep inserting your product/web/scheme/whatever, I am going to toss it into the spam bucket. This also goes for your website that you may list when you give your name. I don’t mind if you run a business (Real Estate, Restaurant, Blog) and list your website, so long as your comments are sincere and relevant. However, if you are only leaving a comment in order to advertise your crap I will delete it, spam it, block it and shoot it.
4. Leaving a link will cause your comment to be held for moderation. I will have to log into my blog to see what the link is before I decide to approve it. That’s fine, just know that it won’t be posted right away
5. Don’t use profanity. A little “Hell” here or a “Damn” there is fine. But don’t get gross OK? Oh, by the way, I determine what is gross.
6. If I feel like deleting your comment for any reason, including no reason at all, I will. I hardly ever do that, but hey, you never know. I have been blogging for over a decade, and I think I can count on one hand the number of times I deleted a comment. I doubt I will delete yours, so please, join the discussion.
7. Comment responses. I usually respond to most comments. But sometimes my job or life gets in the way. I still appreciate your comment.
Some Blogging Guy